Starting a School

Greetings Friends!
I am thinking about starting a school! Yes... and those of you who know me well know I have a million ideas and so I am going to throw them out to you. I am hoping some resonate for you in some fashion. I am really impressed with the Circle School in Harrisburg. I talked to their founders in May and have reached out for a visit which was wonderful.The school and their program are amazing. They have evolved over many years and their web site will point you in a variety of directions. One of the founders, Jim, has written and article that I think really speaks to student learning and self-actuation.
Anyway, enough of that. When I get excited I can write on tangents as well as I do when I am talking! 
The point is ..... I was wondering if you would be interested in helping me to shape a new educational opportunity and to add to my list of reading materials and ideas. I am asking/inviting you to join me as a critical friend!
I have spoken to many of you already and so many ideas and frameworks seem to have potential. I am at the point right now where I want to start to ‘frame’ some of these ideas with ‘similar minded people’... hence I am posting this to my blog. I listed some of the resources so you can see if this resonates ... whether you are an idea, money, detail, technology, pedagogue, or scholar, some may. What I do know is we are all dreamers... and we dream of finding great ways to help kids meet their full potential.

That said, I really want whatever this school model turns into to be a welcoming and affirming place for all people. I think you will see, by the resources for the schools that have evolved out of the ‘Sudbury/Summerhill Model’, a welcoming school can be possible.
If you are interested email me...
Peace and Blessings!! Pat
http://clearwaterschool.com/?page_id=653 this is one of my favorite articles so far!!
Courage to Teach by Parker Palmer

Comments

Popular Posts