Possibilities Revisited

True gold! Right inside you, inside me – the stuff that dreams are made of and the fear and doubt that bind us. Often we try to find the missing pieces, to fill the hole, complete ourselves or to complete others. The activities and conversations I had this week make me realize that there are so many amazing opportunities to be a part of the world in a positive way – why fix? Why not just be ourselves?

The possibilities are endless - a great conversation on zoning with Upper Mount Bethel Township as we continue exploring the options of Starting a School at Kirkridge; sorting through the details of a new job; a drive with a creative colleague to State College; a face-to-face meeting Blendedschools.net collaborators! So many exciting things happening – a school, a blossoming LanguageInstitute, a MOOC, and well-designed curriculum that is textbook free! 

But that’s not all! The Atlantic Magazine was ready to read when I got home on Friday, blogs that were so interesting and relevant to teaching, technology and expanding the way we think about people learning. Excited by the many things to do, so many golden opportunities to live in this world fully. We hosted a retreat this weekend called “Together It’s Possible”. Our time was filled with possibility and hope, tears of frustration, and the winds of change blowing on the mountain at Kirkridge. People of different abilities and their families – collaborating with each other, learning from each other, and supporting each other around school, work and living in a community.

The excitement of working together at what I hold dear – education and work that honors the heart and soul; young and old, able and differently abled. A group of families dreaming of and working toward new possibilities for cognitively challenged young adults. A non-profit pushing the limits of reaching all types of learners offering content, tools and support. Conversations with friends, new and old, that just may change the way we live. The example we set, invigorating the mind, the heart, and the soul, giving hope to some who may not be able to imagine what we see.


I couldn’t be luckier! I wonder and wander. My blog gives me a place to look at life outside of the public purview in ways I didn’t always see from inside the public school system. A year ago I did not know where I would land as a result of my wandering – we really don’t know where we will land tomorrow, but I do know that I am on a journey with amazing people, caring people, thoughtful and kind people. True gold!

Comments

  1. "Tourists don't know where they've been, travelers don't know where they're going." --Paul Theroux

    Living and learning is a lifetime of adventure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts