Nothing is truly mine!




Nothing is truly mine.... 


I hold my thoughts only briefly 
and they are gone. 
I scratch them out on a piece of paper. 
At times they fly so fast 
that they don’t get down 
into the lead 
and onto the pressed paper. 
Out into the universe. 
I think of all those thoughts floating freely. 

One time I was reading, 
I think from Chaos Theory
of those ideas and images 
out in the universe, 
beyond our ideas and thoughts. 
No original idea. 

Right here in this moment 
someone else is scheming up 
the same plan for a necklace, a school,
a prayer bead, a book, 
a phrase drops out, 
a marvelous creation, 
or chicken soup. 

Not ours - yours and mine to keep 
but to share for a moment. 
Savoring the taste of your mouth, 
the sweetness of your skin, 
it is neither yours nor mine. 
But we share in the dreaminess 
of the moment, 
the connection, the bliss.


And it is gone.



Comments

Popular Posts