Looking In - then Out

When I opened my inbox the other day I had an email from The Center for Courage and Renewal with this video. I loved Terry Chadsey's wonderful summary - yet I am sure if you watch it for yourself you may find another perspective, angle or insight. Our unique ways of seeing things are what make life so wonderful for me!
These past few years have been much different than I expected. I thought I would finish my career as a Superintendent. I thought we could open the School at Kirkridge this fall. I thought I would live in one of my many closets all of my life! None of that happened and I am still standing, happier than I imagined possible. So - the idea of facing hard conversations, by being "authentic, direct, and unapologetic" seemed so simple. 

But sometimes I forget how much harder it was to live apologizing all the time – and trying to live as something else. Interestingly – for me, some of the hardest conversation I had to have, and continue to have, are with myself. Living authentically makes life so much simpler. I am glad I pressed play and took a few minutes to listen to this message - it reminded me how great my life is. It made my day! 

Comments

Popular Posts