New Horizons

Looking out my window this morning I see shades of orange and yellow slowly turn to blue. The sun has not yet fully made itself seen! It is times like these when I think about the variety of ways that we see beauty. At GPA, where I work; Julie, Pam and Dave have traveled to China and  we have heard about the culture of work and family. Julie told us how the one child law has made each child so precious - and that for each child there are four adults who give love and guidance in the hope that the child will achieve greatness.

I think we all want our children to succeed, regardless of where we work. We want children to be the best they can become. We all want to provide them with every opportunity. It may not seem so apparent as we watch the news and social media. There are disruptions, terrorist attacks and so many examples of violence. And, there are the small trauma's in the lives of children every day. In our own world we often hear of similar events that rock the spaces of families every day; hunger, sickness, violence to name just a few.

So today, I ask you to think about what beauty you see in the students you serve, wherever you are. What can we (you) do to support each other when times seem tough? How can we support each other in communicating with the parents and guardians who care so deeply for their children? How do we give thanks for the gifts of learning and creating spaces that are safe for children to grow into healthy successful adults?

For me, I am grateful to work with each of you in my variety of roles; parent, student, teacher, mentor, and administrator. I see the care and concern, the dedication and commitment to stretch each child to their potential. I believe that each of you is part of the greater plan to make the world a better place - one child at a time.

I wish you all a great weekend and a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope you feast at a table with friends and family. Please take the time to look out on the horizon for hope, a way of life where we all do our best to give our children and the children of the families we serve opportunities to learn and grow.


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Comments

Popular Posts