Hello


Hello, good morning, I say!
I love you, I love you, today
and tomorrow.
Sleepily, she says hello.
We meet and greet the day.
Writing our morning story,
sipping coffee,
wondering what this new day will bring,
and if it will rain.



Hello, she said.
Greetings and good day, I reply.
I see the shadows of her home.
She lives in a far away land.
Her head covered in with a white scarf.
The pillars of ancient Egypt.
I hear her grandson, playing.
We are more alike than different.
She smiles,
we chat about school
and the weather.

Hello! Can you hear me?
Echos across the miles.
The signal fading and dropping,
standing still so I can hear.
Exploring a new landscape alone,
we are connected.
She says, hello.
I can hear you.
We talk about poetry,
and the weather.

Hello, how are you?
We talk about health insurance,
work,
love,
the memories we share.
Life tumbles in.
We talk about the weather,
and wonder when the sun will shine.

Hello, how was your day?
We speak of the brilliant colors,
of Fall.
Autumn has arrived.
Yellow, gold, red
and Orange
against the evergreen,
across a fading sky.
Hello, I say,
it has been a fine day.


October 19 2016

Comments

  1. A very fine day indeed. Love that line: "Writing our morning story." The poem feels quite wonderfully affirming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts